1. Begin focusing on what you want instead of how much you want to escape. - I really want to rebuild my reflexology - maybe even teach again - contact BCC - the people that know me - how good I am at teaching alternative health - positive moves make positive results.
2. Create an image that describes you in your job. I am in control of my own actions - I am good at my job, I work hard............it doesn't matter that others don't.
3. Think of developing skills, not serving time. Seriously considering doing maternity reflexology and advertising my skills. Can find out from maternity nurses who do reflexology at work.
4. Focus on satisfactory, not superior performance. I have always given 100% - I can still give 100% but maybe ease off a bit - relax a bit when they have their breakfast rather than working through it whilst they eat - if they sit chatting - join in with the conversation (it kinda goes against the grain, but maybe this is what I have to do ??) CAN I??
5. What conflict are you escaping? Sheer lazyness - I know that little is done in the afternoons after I leave - soon I only work until 1 pm - they will have a little more to do and I can escape a little earlier and have some ME TIME.
6. Put on your shield and armor when you enter your workplace. As I arrive at work I will sit and put my armour on - it is a thick protective metal armour - NOTHING WILL PENETRATE IT ........ I will be protected all day long. How exciting.
7. Give yourself a gift every day. I do give myself gifts every day. My crafting and sitting at my home desk is a gift and I can spend as much time as I want doing it - my family are GREAT.
8. Find at least one thing in your life to appreciate. I appreciate such a lot. I Love my family dearly. My husband and I have been married for 35 years come August. I have a wonderful dog and two beautiful cats. AS I said, I appereciate SUCH A LOT.
9. Tune in to your intuition before deciding what to do next. I jumped into the frying pan out of the fire from Good Hope Hospital - I KNEW KNEW KNEW that this job would be boring - BOY IS IT BORING ! Things here aren't as bad as there....................I have to remember that.
10. Write this down somewhere - After I've left - AND I WILL SOMEDAY - all that time will seem to have gone in the blink of an eye. I will have trouble remembering what bothered me so much. The rest of my life is still ahead of me. I can be great again in whatever I do and I can be happy !