Monday 11 January 2016

I AM 60 OMG

I cannot believe how quickly my 60th Birthday has come around.  I remember mom saying when I was 21 look after the years because before you know where you are you will be 41 and wondering where time has gone...................the next birthday I have with a 1 in it is 61 and that is JUST next year.  I am glad I have reached 60 I hope I make 70 and 80 and maybe 90 providing I am well enough and can get around and know what I am doing etc.................but the years certainly spin by at a rate of knots.

I have had THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY and thank you to everyone.  Well I had a lovely weekend, went to THE ALBERT for a Meal on Saturday and then a relaxing day on Sunday but had a McDonalds (I lurve McDonalds) for tea and the biggest Chocolate Cake I ever saw - I know I shouldn't but I did and I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Didn't sleep well though because of feeling so sick, and then ONLY had to do 3 hours at work today................IF I hadn't used all my bloody annual leave up I could have booked a day off and rested and then gone into Lichfield with Korin, but it WAS only 3 hours and when I got to work to find my desk all dressed up and the outer door with 60 banners and my desk sprinkled with 60's sequins and Happy Birthday and Balloons galore I couldn't believe how they had gone to town.  Maybe because I had always said that no one had ever bothered about my birthday at work before.  Well they did today, and I had a beautiful card and a card later from the girls in New Appointments which was dropped off by Carole I would think as she lives close by me - how nice was that.  A Hobbycraft gift voucher from my office colleagues (yes I am still in shock) - and flowers.

and these are my presents..................totally over the moon or should I say out of this world (where the star is concerned) have shed a few tears today.  So I am 60 - must now get back to Slimming World and lose another stone and feel much better in myself - I hope.  Bad news is that Keith (brother in law) is pretty poorly AND David Bowie died today..................that is sad. :(


From Korin, Keir and Ali - beautiful


from Key - this is so blingy and beautiful and expensive.  Love love love it.


Lots of cards - more came after this photograph was taken


Flowers from work were lovely and a voucher for £25 for Hobbycraft couldn't really believe it.


Adult colouring, can't wait until my promarkers arrive from ebay !


From Martin at the shop - some great projects to make 


From Keir and Ali as Keir hadn't been able to get me anything came late on the night after he finished work.



And this is so beautiful, to name a star after me, to think that the kids can look up in the sky many years from now after I have gone and think that THAT star is me, crying now.  

I have had such a beautiful wonderful lovely birthday, I am a very lucky lady.  


No comments:

Post a Comment