Monday 1 October 2012

i can't believe it really !

The Birmingham Train - was a record that my mom bought way back in the 60's - may have been early 70's - she loved it and so did all her sisters and I remember getting in from work / or it could have been school and they were playing her records on her stereogram and dancing around - we had great fun at 'our moms' of course, the Birmingham Train..............oh yes, we are Brummies. The Birmingham referred to in the records is, we believe, is Birmingham Alabama - but that doesn't matter - Birmingham - where we lived and was born and bred and our mom loved it. So.................the weekend hubby and I (although I didnt do much because of my bad leg) - were sorting through some stuff in the spare bedroom - it was a disgusting mess and now looks a lot tidier...........anyway - we came accross my records - and his records - but we don't have a record player to play them on. On the evening I was searching this and that and the other on google and googled 'The Birmingham Train' - yes I got there eventually and lo and behold I traced a copy in Italy !!!! - and I bought it - cost me nearly £15 but I got a copy. I was so excited, then I realised that I won't be able to play it. Silly me. So .................hubby ordered me a record player via Ebay to play my records on and The Birmingham Train when I finally have it a arrive. I am so excited. Classing this as a very early Christmas pressie. Hope everything works ok - bet the records sound very tinny - but I cannot wait to try my old music out. 'sing along now' - oh the Birmingham Train runs a mighty long way, lordy lord give me one more day, one more day of this world of toil and pain - da da da da da 'smiley face'

1 comment:

  1. You can't beat a good old record player!Hope you enjoy your new records.

    ReplyDelete