Tuesday 2 January 2018

For my upcoming birthday

I wanted a HoMedics foot massager.  Was thinking of having regular reflexology - but didn't really want to spend £30 odd with people i didn't know - and didn't want to offer swapped treatments as I don't really do reflexology these days./

Anyway, the literature says not good for Diabetics and so I rang the diabetic nurse at the GP's surgery to see if I could have one.  She was the same nurse I saw before Christmas and said that as my feet were OK as she had examined them and that i had lowered my diabetic points - that it shouldn't be a problem but not to use it long term and often.  I was thinking of 10 mins per night ot so.

She also said at the appointment before Chtristmas that my points may not have come down very much in just 6 weeks - but on the phone today actually told me they had come down by 12 points from 64 to 52.... I was over the moon.

She said if I was to lose more weight and kept up the exercise and watched what I was eating them there would be no doubt I could reduce my medication even more - i am aiming for just one tablet each day instead of two AND by the end of the year to no diabetic medication at all - need to plan ahead regarding the statins but if I am just on that then so be it.

Very pleased overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment