Sunday 29 January 2012

UKS 365 photo's - Day 29 - Kitchen Utensil - 'Can you see what it is yet'?

this utensil was bought for us as a wedding present by people unknown (now) - so it's 35 years old. It came as a set from Brabantia - and it has been worth it's weight in gold - my poor old mom who died in 1985 always wanted one because it was soooooo useful. I haven't got a clue what it's called - it's just an opener - it opens bottles and takes caps off - but it also opens jars of all sizes and takes tops of bottles off so eezee peezee..................do they still sell them ? I wonder how many more years it will serve me ? Heres another pic of it...................





4 comments:

  1. Oh yeah, Gilly, I had one when I lived in Germany. Not a clue either how it is called. It's specially good when you get older and can't open stuff easily, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never owned one but maybe I should as I am always struggling with tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting....I have just broken my can opener trying to open a tin of salmon to make fishcakes...xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I like the look of that! Fab idea :)

    ReplyDelete